Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Who would've known...

             I was looking for this hat i had in mind for a photo shoot im doing next week with a senior, as i was looking i came across old pictures that i gladly looked through and smiled at my parents funny hair and clothes and the things my mother dressed us girls in. As i kept looking for this hat through some old boxes, i found an old diary. It was more of a prayer journal and it had pages of important subjects to me that were in the study bible that i had at the time. Quotes from certain passages or some of the discussions i had written down, as i was passing through this old journal, i was just fastly and vaguely, reading and flipping page after page. I suddenly went back as a word caught my eye and i say that i had written the word 'Rape'. As i was reading the words i had written about this subject, i was in awe. I had no words to describe the feeling that was overwhelming me. Three years ago, i wrote about the subject that has been haunting me for the past few months. As i kept reading over and over and over the words i written i suddenly just dropped to my knee's and i said to myself, "Oh my god."
              Three innocent unknowing years ago, i wrote about Rape. I put some notes into my journal and somethings i was discussing with myself...
                                "What if the person you feel strongly about rapes you? You want to enjoy it but you know it's wrong. Is rape a sin to the one who is raped? If you're raped do you deserve it? The simple answer is no. God would never wish this upon someone. God is not the god of this world, the Devil is and the devil wants to hurt us and destroy us. (2 Corinthians 4:4) God has a plan for every milestone in your life, maybe somethings change but he will use them for good. So do not fear my daughter, for i love you and will wash away every tear and every stain."
              Who would've known. That three years ago i was basically writing to my future self. If that's not freaky i dont know what is. I'm not saying this was meant to happen to me, but i do think i was meant to find this journal passage.

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment